Homemade Vegan Granola Recipe
50g of dried fruit (I used cranberries and crushed some banana chips)
2 cups of rolled oats
50g pumpkin seeds
50g chai seeds
3/4 cup coconut oil
3tbsp of honey (or maple syrup if you’d like to make it vegan)
You can mix up the seeds if you like and coconut oil isn't essential, you can substitute this for vegetable oil too, though coconut oil provides extra flavour.
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Throw everything into a mixing bowl and mix it all together.
- Spread onto a large baking sheet on a baking tray. To make the mixture form into small clumps, use a baking tray that seems too large for your mixture so that you can spread out the mixture leaving some gaps so that it becomes more like a cereal. Filling a smaller tray will lead to you baking flapjacks, which will be tasty but not quite what we are going for here!
- Leave for around 12 minutes or until your chunks turn golden brown.
- Take your tray out of the over and LEAVE TO COOL. You must do this to let the chunks set as if you begin to move it around, the mixture will fall apart into a crumbly cereal instead of a chunky granola topper.
- You can store your granola in a jar, Tupperware or any other creative way you like and enjoy it with cereal, porridge or yoghurt.